|Paige - Photographer Extraordinaire (with her Assistant Extraodinaire, Morgan)|
|Esther - Props Stylist to the Stars (and obviously a joker after my own heart)|
|Karen - Food Styling Magician|
|Paige, Lisa (my editor at Ten Speed), Betsy in the background (Art Director from Ten Speed), and Esther checking out the shot.|
|Where the food styling happens|
|Setting up for a shot|
|Serious discussions about the cover image|
|Paige getting her photo mojo on.|
A shout-out to all the folks who made this happen:
• Paige Green, Photographer - Your photos are stunning. Thank you for somehow telepathically receiving my vision for the book and transforming it into something even better.
• Karen Shinto, Food Stylist - Thank you for taking on the challenge of these crazy, wacky homebrews and making them shine. I'm also glad that no lambs, or yourself, were injured in the Great Watermelon Soda Geyser of 2012.
• Esther Feinman, Prop Stylist - You're a hoot! Thank you for making me laugh all day long and for so tirelessly swapping glasses for bottles for bowls — magically finding the perfect one every time. I bow down before your tableware collection.
• Lisa Westmoreland, Ten Speed Editor - Our work together has really only begun and I am already grateful for your keen eye and ability to spot (and subsequently thwart) potential problems from a mile away.
• Betsy Stromberg, Ten Speed Art Director - I know True Brews will be in good hands with you and the rest of the design crew at Ten Speed. I can't wait to see what you do with the book.
You were such a fantastic team of creative minds that I'm sad we don't get to do this all the time. But apparently some of us have manuscripts that are due in a month and can't just go frolicking about wearing pretty aprons and cracking jokes about homebrewing all day. Back to the computer cave for me.