Saturday, July 9, 2011
This Week at The Kitchn!
• Delicious mixed-fruit jam made from leftover pie filling.
• A gal's spice cupboard can really tell you a lot.
• Sometimes I feel like making my own yogurt...is just more trouble than its worth. You?
• I could seriously eat awesome side dishes like these and nothing else at a barbecue.
• Can't wait to make some snazzy paletas from Fany Gerson's new book.
• Loganberries! I'm totally addicted.
• Good to know: ripe avocados can be stored in the fridge, apparently indefinitely.
• Toasty oats, layers of whipped cream, fresh fruit? Gotta try Scottish cranachan soon.
• I'm thinking a fizzy fruity farmhouse saison to go with a summer salad.
• Confession: I ate half of this Sweet Potato, Ricotta and Arugula Flatbread "appetizer" for my dinner last night. And I'm about to eat the other half tonight.
• Nothing can make me get rid of my beloved old and battered baking sheet.